Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thing #23 - The End

Now that it is in the rearview mirror, I have got to say that Learning 2.0 was a positive experience. It was also an extremely frustrating experience for me because I am soooooo non techie and not the type who enjoys spending time exploring things on the computer. But now I know about blog's and wiki's and podcasts and rss feeds and uploading photos and making posters and trading cards and the ease of information access like never before. The program definitely shoved me out of my comfort zone and although I hate to admit it, that was a good thing. In this day and age, anyone can benefit by the exposure to the Web that Learning 2.0 entails.

Flickr and YouTube were definitely my two favorite things. I will access YouTube on a regular basis now to check out scenes from old movies that crack me up.

One observation is that I found I could not get much done on the library computers and did most of the program at home. The only thing I could suggest that could have been done differently is perhaps holding a periodic Q&A session or having a resource to email questions to when you get stuck. Having said that I realize that struggling through the times I was stuck probably helped me to a better understanding of the issue I was stuck on. Plus, I could have used my blog to ask for help or use comments on other people's blog to ask for help.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm done but the program exposed me to a whole bunch of things that I'm glad I learned.
Tim

No comments: